If you search for “Free Texas Will” on Google, you’re likely to come up with many free forms, as well as document preparation websites promising that you can handle the process on your own at a fraction of the cost.
But what they hide in their disclaimers is that:
• They are not acting as your attorney;
• They are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney
• They do not apply the law to the facts of your individual circumstances
• The information on their website is not guaranteed to be correct, complete or up to date.
• While it is often tempting to do-it-yourself, there are plenty of risks involved in cutting an attorney out of the process. For example, one dad inadvertently disinherited his own daughter.
I hope you’re doing well and finding my emails helpful. Please don’t hesitate to call if you have any questions.