What To Do When Someone Dies In Texas
The Texas Young Lawyers Association has an informative guide about probate, which answers many questions about just that.
The first section of the guide explains the importance of estate planning and the disadvantages of dying without a Will. The second section deals with probate and discusses:
- What to do after someone has passed away;
- How property is divided if there is no Will;
- What probate is and the situations when it is necessary;
- How the probate process is initiated;
- The timeline for probating a simple estate in Texas; and
- Various alternatives to probate and when they are applicable.
The guide is written in plain English and is an excellent summary of steps to take when someone dies. You can read it by clicking on the following link: The Texas Probate Passport.
Please pass it on to anyone you know who may benefit from the information contained in it.